From the beginnings of arts until now (II)
ART AS SOCIAL CRITICISM AND INTELLECTUALITY
This artistic trend has emerged in recent times around the 60s and 70s, coinciding with events such as the pacific movement or the claim for rights of the Afro-American and feminist population. Art is still connected to economic power.
Here, artists use their tremendous impact and the fact that art is a universal language to criticise, denounce or publicise important situations. Most of these artists are anonymous because the important thing is not who composes the works but why they compose them.
Here, artists use their tremendous impact and the fact that art is a universal language to criticise, denounce or publicise important situations. Most of these artists are anonymous because the important thing is not who composes the works but why they compose them.
Within this current,
we can again highlight the background of Picasso's Guernika, as well as artists such as Bansky or works such as the Guerrilla Girls.
we can again highlight the background of Picasso's Guernika, as well as artists such as Bansky or works such as the Guerrilla Girls.
In my view, this movement within art is what is needed today. Unlike the previous movements, this is when they begin to demand things that are very necessary today. It is now when, thanks to certain artists, a voice is being given to many of society's demands. For this reason, I consider that the works that belong to this movement represent critical thinking and, consequently, the denunciation of injustice. I also believe that they are very creative as well as original works.
ART AS MEDITATION
As the name suggests, this movement represents art as relaxation, meditation and clarity of thought. The main focus is on letting go of toxic and unnecessary thoughts and using the mind in a more positive and efficient way. This trend of art is born as a result of a clear and clean mind, and above all, as a result of experience.
Like the previous movement, this art trend does not follow the Western conventions: art is collective and anonymous and does not define a profession, but consists of personal and spiritual work.
Great illustrations of this type of art are Indian sculptures, Dervishes’ Dance, Zen Calligraphy or Tibetan Mandalas.
As a personal opinion, I consider that thanks to this type of art we can enjoy great works of art made with caution and a lot of patience, as the artists enjoy great peace of mind to make them. However, from my point of view,
I give more value to other types of art because I believe that no artist should be forced to leave part of his or her thoughts behind. I mean, I believe that an artist can create in all its forms and ways, having a clean mind, or on the contrary, using the negativity of his thoughts to want to transmit something to us as in previous artistic movements.
I give more value to other types of art because I believe that no artist should be forced to leave part of his or her thoughts behind. I mean, I believe that an artist can create in all its forms and ways, having a clean mind, or on the contrary, using the negativity of his thoughts to want to transmit something to us as in previous artistic movements.


Comments
Post a Comment