The curse that condemns the arts
In this entry, I would like to highlight the little consideration that the arts have and have had over the years. Who has not known a case of giving up their true artistic vocation to pursue studies that "have more job opportunities"?
My group and I wanted to show all the university degrees that are focused on the arts.
Despite the variety of studies related to the arts, there is still a very negative conception of the future of the arts. To be clear, socially, engineering, law, economics and teaching are much more highly regarded. The question is why? Why should a young person who has great artistic qualities be inhibited when it comes to studying for a degree in the arts?
In fact, this issue is often reflected, for example, in this TV commercial :
I personally believe that the vision of the arts must change immediately. I don't think it is fair that great artists who have a promising future doing what they really want to do, have to be forced not to fulfil their dream because of what people will say and because they don't have a fixed salary at the end of the month.
However, I would like to express a point of view that apparently combines the debate I have presented so far. The change I suggest in order to promote the arts would be to apply in an artistic way the desire and enthusiasm to work in professions that seemingly have nothing to do with the arts. An illustration of this could be the example of an engineer or a businessman going about his daily work applying artistic sense in his public-facing presentations. In this way, we will gradually get society to internalise the idea that art is part of our lives and that it is very important to take it into account both in work and in leisure and free time.
Art is freedom, peace and enjoyment at all times. We should promote artistic qualities from lower levels of education, and in this way equalise the importance of art and mathematics, for example.
Please let us leave stereotypes and false beliefs behind. The arts have to be exploited in all their facets and for this, people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to show the world what they are worth are needed.
It is time to break the curse and make artists as capable and valid as engineers, doctors, lawyers or teachers.


Comments
Post a Comment