A farewell with a wish to be fulfilled
Everything has an end and, unfortunately, I put here a pause in terms of the construction of this blog as the final product of an exciting journey called Visual Arts I.
It has been a real pleasure to realise that, contrary to what I thought, art is all around us and we are given the opportunity to value and appreciate it as it deserves. Art teaches us to be free, to think differently and not to conform to the established.
In this subject, I have opened my eyes and Lander, as a guide and companion on this journey, has made me see that art knows no limits or frontiers. That art does not reside in going to a museum to see paintings or listening to musical works by Beethoven and Mozart. Art is a source of emotions, imagination, self-knowledge and reflection. Art is communication, experimentation and discovery of alternative realities. Realities that can only appear when we clean our glasses and see beyond, when we not only stand in the "criticise" and "suggest" queue, but also occupy the "do" queue.
Therefore, I would like to end this adventure with a few words to my future self as a teacher. I want all the learning acquired during these months to stay with me and for this reason, I have been recording my wishes some days ago so that, one day, when I am in front of a class, I can teach my students the art as I was never taught it myself.


Comments
Post a Comment