Imagination as the basis of art
In this entry, I would like to capture the importance of imagination in relation to art. While it is true and as is well known, among the most precious qualities of an artist is imagination. However, the term imagination in art does not only refer to the ability to create a work out of nothing.
If there is one thing I have learned, it is that imagination opens doors to other very important aspects through which we can and should appreciate art as it truly deserves.
Imagination goes from being just another quality of the artist, to becoming the means by which a coherent and empathetic world is organised. Thanks to the imagination, we, as people, are able to construct alternative realities that can later be of great help when creating works of art. From my point of view, I want to highlight this idea because I find it incredible that art opens its barriers to allow any human being, whatever their realities are, to allow them to express themselves freely and show their point of view about any reality.
Another point I would like to address is the power of imagination to not only allow us to create, but also to make us understand all the creations that were once made by other people. The alternative realities I spoke of earlier are also what allow us to give meaning to the different pieces of art. By this, I mean that, from my point of view, both art and imagination cannot be limited or closed to only a few concrete explanations. Art and imagination are abstract and free to be interpreted in an infinite number of ways. What may seem to me to be a sad, decadent and mediocre work, to someone else may be the most incredible piece of work full of feeling.
In conclusion, I believe it is essential that everyone has the opportunity to awaken the imagination to be able to see beyond the established and the expected. In this way we will be able to reach incredible places thanks to art and put an end to the stereotypes that corrupt society.

Comments
Post a Comment